Ube Cream Cheese Hotcakes
- 1 pack MAYA Original Hotcake Mix ‘Fluffy n Tasty’ 200g
- 2 pieces whole egg
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons ube flavoring and coloring flavocol
- 2 tablespoons ube halaya
- Cream cheese as needed
- In a bowl, beat eggs, then add water, oil, flavoring and ube halaya. Continue mixing using a wire whisk until there are no more lumps of ube halaya.
- Add in hotcake mix and stir until slightly lumpy. Do not overmix.
- In a preheated lightly greased pan or flat skillet, pour ¼ cup of hotcake batter. Crumble cream cheese on top of the batter, cover cream cheese with a small amount of the batter. Cook until bubbly and sides are dry.
- Flip hotcakes to cook the other side. Continue cooking until all batter is used.
- Best served with whipped cream, syrup and more cream cheese.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes