Puto Pao With Dinuguan Filling
- 1 ½ cups MAYA Cake Flour
- ½ cup MAYA All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- ¾ cup water
- ½-3/4 cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh milk
- ½ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
Prepared or left-over dinuguan
- In a clean dry bowl, sift together flours and baking powder. Set aside.
- Dissolved yeast in ¼ cup water. Set aside to activate the yeast.
- In another bowl, put the remaining water, milk and sugar. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly until sugar is melted.
- Add in half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, give a quick mix until lightly Combined.
- Pour in the rest of the flour mixture. Mix until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the egg whites until frothy then slowly add in the sugar and continue beating until stiff peak stage.
- Fold in the whipped egg whites into the batter in 3 batches and continue folding until well blended.
- Pour batter into 3 ounces “puto” plastic molds up to 1/3 full then put a little amount of
- dinuguan at the center then pour again puto batter until it reaches a ¾ full amount.
- Steam puto for about 10-15 minutes.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 dozens NOTE:
If your dinuguan is a bit saucy, try thickening it with a bit of MAYA Cornstarch to make it
suitable for filling.