Lemon Curd Cupcake
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 medium lemons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 pieces egg yolk
- 2 pieces whole egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup MAYA Cake Flour
- 1/2 cup MAYA All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For Lemon Curd:
- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, sugar, yolk, whole eggs and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in butter and cook over moderately low heat, whisking frequently until mixture is thickened and just reaches a boil about 6 minutes.
- Transfer lemon curd to a bowl and chill its surface covered with plastic wrap until cold at least 1 hour.
- Prepare Cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F/177°C. Grease and line the muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift together in a bowl cake flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs to the mixture. Alternately add dry ingredients with milk and vanilla.
- Scoop into cupcake liners and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done.
- Make a syrup out of sugar and water until it spins a thread (about 5 minutes boiling).
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Pour in syrup gradually.
- Beat until slightly cooled. Assembly: Using a melon baller, scoop the middle of the vanilla cupcake and pipe in lemon curd. Using a star tip pipe icing on top of the cupcake. Serve.
- Optional: Lightly torch the top portion of the icing and top it up with lemon glaze.