- 1 pack MAYA Decadence Yellow Cake Mix 520g
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- 3 pieces eggs
- 1/3 cup candy sprinkles
- 100 grams egg whites
- 200 grams white sugar
- 2 bars butter chilled and cut into cubes
- candy sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F/171°C. Grease and line two 7-inch round pans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water, eggs and sprinkles. Beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide the cake batter among the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Cool first before frosting.
- For the frosting, in a mixer bowl over a double boiler. Add in egg whites and sugar. Stir just until sugar melts.
- Place mixer bowl on the stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat on medium high speed until it forms stiff peaks.
- While the mixer is running, add in the cubes of butter one at a time. Continue whipping the buttercream until it forms a smooth consistency.
- Level off the top of the cakes. Place one layer on a serving dish, spread some frosting as filling, top with the other cake layer.
- Frost the cakes thinly, this will be the crumb coating. Refrigerate for a few minutes for the buttercream to set.
- Remove the cake from the fridge, coat with the final layer of frosting.
- Coat the cake with candy sprinkles, lightly press to secure sprinkles. Serve.
Yield: 10 – 12 servings