Floral Focaccia Bread
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 – 4 ¼ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
- basil leaves red onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, topping
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning for topping
- 1 teaspoon rock salt for topping
- olive oil as needed
- Dissolve yeast in water and sprinkle with sugar. Set aside to activate the yeast.
- In a mixer bowl mix together flour and salt. Pour in yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Knead the dough for 15-18 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Form dough into a ball. Place in an oiled bowl and cover with cheesecloth.
- Let the dough ferment for 20-30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Grease an 11 x 16 – inch rectangle pan with olive oil.
- Punch down dough to release air. Spread dough in prepared pan.
- Arrange herbs and vegetables to make a flower bouquet design. Sprinkle seasoning and rock salt. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables
- Let focaccia proof for 20-30 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F/190°C oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Best served with a balsamic vinegar – olive oil dipping sauce.
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes