Milky Cheese Donuts
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 piece egg
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 ¼ – 3 ½ cups MAYA All Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- cheese slices for filling
- enough oil for frying
- powdered milk for coating
- powdered sugar for coating
- Dissolve yeast in half of the fresh milk. Set aside to activate yeast.
- In a mixer bowl, pour in the remaining milk, egg, butter and sugar. Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add in half of the flour. Mix until combined. Add in milk with active yeast.
- Add in remaining flour.
- Knead using a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment for 15-20 minutes, or knead by hand for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once dough is smooth and elastic, form into a ball. Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let the dough ferment until it doubles in size about 20-30 minutes.
- Punch down dough to remove air pockets. Portion dough around 50g per piece then form into balls.
- Flatten a piece of dough then place one slice of cheese in the middle and roll lengthwise. Pinch the seams together to seal.
- Fry dough in preheated oil, until golden brown.
- Mix together equal parts powdered milk and powdered sugar in a tray. Roll fried donuts in sugar-milk mixture to coat.
- Best served warm
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 minutes